A Sand Lady.
(Hello everyone. My intuos wacom tablet died AGAIN today. This is something I did Monday. I show it to calm the ache inside. *fusing* )
of you are following me.
Thank you, from the bottom of my heart !!!
Off the races. I’m warming up to get rid of my artblock. A quick 20mn study during lunchtime !
Another oldie out of the closet.
Postpone comics ideas of the fall of Oropher and Thranduil witnessing it.
An never shown oldie of Thranduil.
Still in a somewhat artblock. It’s getting better.
This is a sneak peek of the comic book project about the fall of Richard III I’m doing. I’ve finally finished the first page, it will be easier for the next ones. The first step is always the hardest.
Also, I wanted to thank Beth (tant-le-desiree) for all the support she showed me. This is my way of doing it ; )
I was born of the womb of a poisonous spell
Beaten and broken and chased from the land
But I rise up above it, high up above it and see
I was hung from the tree made of tongues of the weak
The branches, the bones of the liars, the thieves
Rise up above it, high up above it and see
Pray to your God, open your heart
Whatever you do, don’t be afraid of the dark
Cover your eyes, the devil’s inside
One night of the hunter
One day I will get revenge
One night to remember
One day it’ll all just end.
Night of the Hunter - 30 Seconds to Mars
Love when inspiration flows this way.
(aww ! thank you Beth !!!)
1. The meaning behind my URL: It’s a play on the sounds of my name “Anne” and last name “Chalain”. I wanted to find a username that would be familiar to me and have an easy pronounciation.
6. Favorite Band: Florence and the Machine. I love what universe Florence Welch and her team created through their songs.
7. Biggest turn off(s): In a disgusting sense ? Limbs loss and amputations. It an old fear.
9. Tattoos I want: The phrase “Keep a weather eye on the horizon.” on my arm. It’s said by Will Turner in PotC: At World’s End and I has many strong meanings for me.
13. Life goal(s): Become a good storyteller / Be able to make my work my passion. / Work on a project than could inspire the 12 year old in me / Make people dream
16. Favorite movie: Aw they are so much. I hard to find just one, but if I had to choose one movie that really inspired me, it would be, if you consider it as a whole, The Lord of the Rings. Particularly for the Bonus parts and on the making of the movies.
17. A fact about my life: Oh Gosh. I am crazy for the color turquoise. I have turquoise furnitures, pillows, plates, bowls and nail polish……….
1. The meaning behind my URL
2. A picture of me
3. Tattoos I have
4. Last time I cried and why
5. Piercings I have
6. Favorite Band
7. Biggest turn off(s)
8. Top 5 (insert subject)
9. Tattoos I want
10. Biggest turn on(s)
12. Ideas of a perfect date
13. Life goal(s)
14. Piercings I want
15. Relationship status
16. Favorite movie
17. A fact about my life
19. Middle name
20. Anything you want to ask
Eve : I love the way you tell it, but not now. We don’t wanna be up all day.
Adam : Eve… Can you tell me how old this guitar is ? I think it’s an O2 but I’ve never been able to date it exactly.
Eve : Oh ! She’s a pretty one. A Gibson, 1905.
Adam : She is old.
Eve : Yes my darling, but you know your dressing gown is at least a century older.
Adam : Is it ?
A quick sketch, because I loved that movie.
Well that was an unexpected storyboard/thumbnail quick study.
I’m beginning a marathon of The Lord of the Rings. Each time, I feel like I want to study EVERYTHING that it related to those movies from how it was done to the symbolism and the Tolkien universe.
I’m such a nerd.
Spitpaint of the day theme being : Red tree.
Well… more like a bleeding tree in a city in ruin.
Back on working on Richard III !!!
It’s mostly a research on the armor because I’m struggling on the level of “realness” I want to achieve.
Brush from the amazing Kyle : here. I’m really surprised by the HB pencil effect this brush is capable to do !
EDIT : and I forgot to thank locshar for helping me with the references !!